June 04, 2008
Report of Software and Script Update for RTR-5W
[Information on the site of old english.tandd.com]
With the addition of some new functions to our Network-Dedicated Wireless Base Station RTR-5W, we announce the release of an internal software update program, and RTR-5W for Windows EU Ver.1.60 .
Please download this program and carry out the updating.
Ver. 1.60 Updates
- A Remote Unit Battery Life Warning function has been added.
- For the location's internal clock, switch between Summer Time and Standard Time has been enabled.
Procedures for Installation and Updating
Important Notices before carrying out the Update
- Make sure that the RTR-5W into which you wish to install the update and the computer into which you open the Software Update are connected to the same Local Area Network (LAN).
The update cannot be carried out on RTR-5W which are connected to an external LAN via a router.
- This program can only be run using either Microsoft Windows 2000 or Windows XP or Vista.
Do not carry out installation operations using any other platform (operating system).
- During the update installation, do not carry out any changes to RTR-5W settings or any data downloading.
- During the updating process, make sure not to turn off the RTR-5W electrical power. The Logger may not continue to work properly.
- If an error occurs during the updating process, please wait for some time and try a few more times.
If after several attempts an error continues to occur, make sure that the program is not running and reboot the RTR-5W.
- If you are trying to update using a wireless LAN and the update continued to end in failure, please change to a wired LAN system and try again.
[RTR-5W Update Ver.1.61 EU]
If during the updating process, there is a pause of more than a minute, click the [Close] button to close the update program and try again from the beginning.
- After downloading the Update Program, double click on [RTR5W_update_script_eu_161.EXE] to start the installation process.
- After installation of the program, the update program [RTR-5W Update Ver.1.61 (Jun/2008. EU)] will automatically open.
[RTR-5W Update Ver.1.60 EU]
Please follow these procedures to install [RTR-5W for Windows(EU) Ver.1.60]]
- After downloading the Update Program, double click on [RTR5W_update_eu_160.EXE] to start the installation process.
- Follow instructions in Set up Program.
- [RTR-5W for Windows] will automatically be installed on the Hard Disk.
Once this program has been successfully updated, it is necessary to download and use the software update “RTR-5W for Windows Ver. 1.60”. If a former version of the software is used, the RTR-5W will not operate properly. Please check the version of software being used and update if necessary.
[Main Unit Internal Software Update]
- After the download file has been decompressed, the update program [RTR-5W Update Ver.1.61 (Jun/2008. EU)] will automatically open and appear in the display.
- After the update program [RTR-5W Update Ver.1.61 (Jun/2008. EU)] has been displayed, enter the address (IP address or Domain Name) in the [Address] text box for the RTR-5W that is to be updated and in the [Login ID] and [Password] text boxes enter the registered Administrator ID and Password.
- After confirming that entries are all correct, click the [Script Update] button.
Once the button has been clicked, the firmware update will automatically be carried out for the target RTR-5W.
Please note that when using Windows XP SP2 or above, the following Security Alert may appear. If it does, click the [Unblock] button to turn off the Windows firewall.
- The script update should take about 4 to 5 minutes to be completed.
When the message, [Script Update was completed], the internal software (script) update has been successfully completed.
What should I do if the updating stops while in progress?
- If the updating stops while in progress, and the update program does not proceed for more than 5 minutes, quit the program by either clicking the [Close] button in the update program [RTR-5W Update Ver.1.61 (Jun/2008. EU)] or click the [ x ] button in the top right corner.
- Restart the Update Program [RTR-5W Update Ver.1.61 (Jun/2008. EU)]. In the update program folder, [C:\Program Files\RTR5W_Update (default)], click on [FirmScriptUD.exe] to start the update program.
- After the update program [RTR-5W Update Ver.1.61 (Jun/2008. EU)] has restarted, carry out the update procedure as described above.
- If after restarting the update program and carrying out the procedure again, the update does still not work properly, please contact you local T&D representative.
We have also released a new version of "RTR-5W for Windows". We suggest that you download this as well.
The newest update program for this application.
- Download newest RTR-5W Script Update Program
/ Download (EU)
- Download newest RTR-5W for Windows
/ Download (EU)
For more information, questions or comments about this subject please contact your local distributor. If you are unsure of your local distributor and cannot contact them, please contact the T&D Main Office.