February 12, 2008
Report of Software and Script Update for RTR-5W
[Information on the site of old www.tandd.us]
With the addition of some new functions to our Network-Dedicated Wireless Base Station RTR-5W, we announce the release of an internal software update program, and RTR-5W for Windows EU Ver.1.50 .
Please download this program and carry out the updating.
Ver. 1.50 Updates
- Revised in order to provide compatibility with Windows Vista.
- "Mail Settings for Download" functionality has been added.
Important Notices before carrying out the Update
- If you try to carry out the update using [admin] as the RTR-5W Administrator Login ID, it may result in failure. If the update results in failure, please change the administrator login ID to other than [admin] and try to install the program again.
The Administrator Login ID can be changed from the [Network Settings Utility], which was installed when the main software program [RTR-5W for Windows] was installed. The newest version of [RTR-5W for Windows], can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this page.
- Make sure that the RTR-5W into which you wish to install the update and the computer into which you open the Software Update are connected to the same Local Area Network (LAN).
The update cannot be carried out on RTR-5W which are connected to an external LAN via a router.
- This program can only be run using either Microsoft Windows 2000 or Windows XP (including SP2) or Vista.
Do not carry out installation operations using any other platform (operating system).
- During the update installation, do not carry out any changes to RTR-5W settings or any data downloading.
- During the updating process, make sure not to turn off the RTR-5W electrical power. The Logger may not continue to work properly.
- If an error occurs during the updating process, please wait for some time and try a few more times.
If after several attempts an error continues to occur, make sure that the program is not running and reboot the RTR-5W.
- If you are trying to update using a wireless LAN and the update continued to end in failure, please change to a wired LAN system and try again.
RTR-5W Update Ver.1.50 US
If during the updating process, there is a pause of more than a minute, click the [Close] button to close the update program and try again from the beginning.
- After downloading the Update Program, double click on [RTR5W_update_script_us_150.EXE] to start the installation process.
- After installation of the program, the update program [RTR-5W Update Ver.1.50 (Nov/2007, US)] will automatically open.
*If the update program [RTR-5W Update Ver.1.50 (Nov/2007, US)] does not run automatically, please double click on the [FirmScriptUD.exe] file in the folder where the file was decompressed.
RTR-5W for Windows (US) Ver.1.50
Please follow these procedures to install [RTR-5W for Windows(US) Ver.1.50]
- After downloading the Update Program, double click on [RTR5W_update_us_150.EXE] to start the installation process.
- Follow instructions in Set up Program.
- [RTR-5W for Windows] will automatically be installed on the Hard Disk.
Once this program has been successfully updated, it is necessary to download and use the software update “RTR-5W for Windows Ver.1.50”. If a former version of the software is used, the RTR-5W will not operate properly. Please check the version of software being used and update if necessary.
- Main Unit Internal Software Update
- After the update program [RTR-5W Update Ver.1.50 (Nov/2007. US)] has been displayed, enter the address (IP address or Domain Name) in the [Address] text box for the RTR-5W that is to be updated and in the [Login ID] and [Password] text boxes enter the registered Administrator ID and Password.
- After confirming that entries are all correct, click the [Script Update] button.
Once the button has been clicked, the firmware update will automatically be carried out for the target RTR-5W.
- The script update should take about 3 to 4 minutes to be completed.
When the message, [Script Update was completed], the internal software (script) update has been successfully completed.
Please note that when using Windows XP SP2 or above, the following Security Alert may appear. If it does, click the [Unblock] button to turn off the Windows firewall.
What should I do if the updating stops while in progress?
- If the updating stops while in progress, and the update program does not proceed for more than 5 minutes, quit the program by either clicking the [Close] button in the update program [RTR-5W Update Ver.1.50 (Nov/2007. US)] or click the [ X ] button in the top right corner.
- Restart the Update Program [RTR-5W Update Ver.1.50 (Nov/2007. US)]. In the update program folder, [C:\Program Files\RTR5W_Update (default)], click on [FirmScriptUD.exe] to start the update program.
- After the update program [RTR-5W Update Ver.1.50 (Nov/2007. US)] has restarted, carry out the update procedure as described above.
- If after restarting the update program and carrying out the procedure again, the update does still not work properly, please contact you local T&D representative.
We have also released a new version of "RTR-5W for Windows". We suggest that you download this as well.
The newest update program for this application.
- Download newest RTR-5W Script Update Program
- Download newest RTR-5W for Windows
For more information, questions or comments about this subject please contact your local distributor. If you are unsure of your local distributor and cannot contact them, please contact the T&D Main Office.