July 17, 2007
Report of Defect found in Web Wing WL RTR-5W (US)
[Information on the site of old www.tandd.us]
A defect has been found in Wireless Data Collector Network Base Station RTR-5W. For details, please see the following:
We sincerely apologize to our customers for any inconvenience or trouble this may have caused and ask that our customers using RTR-5W download this script program and update as directed.
Details of the Problem
When using an RTR-52 as a Remote Unit
A defect has been uncovered whereby the unit of temperature in parts of warning mails appears in Celsius even though the setting has been made to show the temperature in Fahrenheit.
Remote Unit 1 11.2°C (30°F-50°F)
The script update program (Version 1.22) released here will repair this defect.
Important Notice before carrying out the Update
- If you try to carry out the update using [admin] as the RTR-5W Administrator Login ID, it may result in failure. The Administrator Login ID can be changed from the [Network Settings Utility], which was installed when the main software program [RTR-5W for Windows] was installed.
The newest version of [RTR-5W Settings Utility] can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this page.
- It is necessary that the RTR-5W unit to be updated and the computer that will be used for executing the update be connected to the same local network. RTR-5W units that are connected using a router to an outside network, such as the Internet, will not be updated properly, even though the program is executed correctly.
- This program can only be run using either Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP (including SP2) or Vista. Do not carry out installation operations using any other platform (operating system.
- During the update installation, do not carry out any changes to RTR-5W settings or any data downloading.
- During the updating process, make sure not to turn off the power to the RTR-5W. If during the updating process, the power is turned OFF, the RTR-5W may not continue to operate properly.
- If an error occurs during the updating process, please wait for some time and try a few more times. If after several attempts an error continues to occur, make sure that the program is not running and reboot the RTR-5W. During the updating process, make sure not to turn off the power to the RTR-5W. If during the updating process, the power is turned OFF, the RTR-5W may not continue to operate properly.
- If you are trying to update using a wireless LAN and the update continued to end in failure, please change to a wired LAN system and try again.
- If the version of firmware you are using is below 1.10, please update the firmware first. Check the firmware version with the software “RTR-5W for Windows”.
- After downloading the Update Program, double click on [SUD5W_122E.exe] to start the installation process.
- By specifying the destination folder in which to save the decompressed file, the folders and files will automatically be decompressed and the update program [RTR-5W Update Ver.1.22 (2007/07) ] will be opened.
If the update program [RTR-5W Update Ver.1.22 (2007/07)] does not run automatically, please double click on the [FrimScriptUD.exe] file in the folder where the file was decompressed.
- After the download file has been decompressed, the update program [RTR-5W Update Ver.1.22 (2007/07)] will automatically open and appear in the display.
- Enter the address (IP address or Domain Name) in the [Address] text box for the RTR-5W that is to be updated and in the [Login ID] and [Password] text boxes enter the registered Administrator ID and Password.
- After confirming that the entries are all correct, click the [Script Update] button.
- Once the button has been clicked, the firmware update will automatically be carried out for the target RTR-5W.
- The script update should take about 4 to 5 minutes to be completed.
- When the message, [Script Update has been completed], the script update will have been successfully completed.
- If during the updating process, there is a pause of more than a minute, click the [Close] button to close the update program and try again from the beginning.
- When using Windows XP SP2 or above, the following Security Alert may appear. If it does, click [Unblock]
The newest update program for this application.
- Download newest RTR-5W Script Update Program
/ Download (EU)
For more information, questions or comments about this subject please contact your local distributor. If you are unsure of your local distributor and cannot contact them, please contact the T&D Main Office.