RTR-500W Firmware Update Tool
||RTR-500W Firmware Update Tool
|The RTR-500W Firmware Update Tool is a program to update the internal firmware of RTR-500NW/AW units.
For RTR-500NW/AW Units (FCC model and CE model).
June 13, 2014
|Compatible OS (*1)(*2)
Microsoft Windows 8 32/64bit
Microsoft Windows 7 32/64bit
Microsoft Windows Vista 32bit (SP1 or later)
(*1) For installation, it is necessary to have Administrator (Computer Administrator) rights.
(*2) If you are using Windows 8, please note that our software is designed to be used in "Desktop" mode only.
Before installing, please make sure that the device you are using is compatible with this update.
How to Check your RTR-500W Firmware Version
Open the RTR-500W Settings Utility.
After selecting the target RTR-500W from the displayed list, open "Base Unit Settings...".
Go to Settings Table > Base Unit Settings > Version to check the Firmware Version.
Firmware Update Procedures
(1) Before executing the RTR-500NW/AW Firmware Update Tool, please make the following preparations:
- Connect the AC adaptor to the RTR-500NW/AW on which you wish to update the firmware.
- Exit all T&D applications (such as the Settings Utility) running on your computer.
- If you are using the RTR-500NW, remove the LAN cable from the device.
- Using a USB cable, connect the RTR-500NW/AW to the PC in which "RTR-500W Firmware Update Tool" will be executed.
Before connecting a USB cable, make sure that the PC has the USB device driver installed. (By installing the application "RTR-500W for Windows", the USB device driver will also be installed.)
(2) Execute the downloaded "RTR-500W Firmware Update Tool".
(3) Please follow the instructions on the screen to update the firmware.
Summary of changes
Version 2.50 : June 2014
- Fixed a problem where FTP transmission failed if the file name exceeded 64 bytes.
- Fixed a problem where the FTP file name might be garbled when sending data to the FTP server.
- Fixed a problem where "?" could not be used in the Wireless LAN Password.
Version 2.40 : February 2014
- Fixed a problem that occurred when the auto-sending of recorded data function was set to ON, data downloaded from RTR-601 was sometimes missing.
- Fixed a problem that occurred when the warning mail transmission function was set to OFF in the Warning Settings, the contact output did not operate during a warning condition.
Version 2.30 : December 2013
- A change has been made to enable selection of the conditions for warning transmission.
- A change has been made to enable selection of the conditions for warning with contact output.
* The RTR-500NW/AW Firmware version 2.30 needs to be used in combination with the RTR-500W for Windows version 1.43 or later.
Version 2.20 : September 2013
Fixed the following problems:
- Daylight savings time was not reflected in e-mails sent by the RTR-500NW/AW.
- The character "%" could not be used in the User ID / Password for SMTP authentication.
- Unstable operation
* The RTR-500NW/AW Firmware version 2.20 needs to be used in combination with the RTR-500W for Windows version 1.42 or later.
Version 2.10 : July 2013
- In the "Auto-Sending of Recorded Data" settings, the required minimum spacing (or period) between transmissions was changed from 1 hour to 30 minutes.
* The RTR-500NW/AW Firmware version 2.10 needs to be used in combination with the RTR-500W for Windows version 1.42 or later.
Version 2.00 : February 2013
- Fixed a problem that occurred when using the Current Readings Monitor, where the amount of time since gathering the latest data was not displayed correctly.
- Fixed a problem where current readings info from Remote Units that are assigned specific Remote Unit Numbers, were sometimes omitted from the Current Readings Data (XML file).
- Fixed a problem where current readings within a specific temperature range were output incorrectly in the Current Readings Data (XML file).
Version 1.90 : December 2012
- Fixed a problem that occurred when downloading data from RTR-576, where there was a problem with the data.
- Revised the text to be used in the warning report mail so that when the warning status changes from ON to OFF during a warning judgement time period, the warning/recovery status is relayed in one message.
- The signal strength of the Remote Unit was added to the Current Readings Data (XML file).
- Fixed a problem where email transmission sometimes failed when using POP before SMTP.