RTR-500W Firmware Update Tool
Before downloading, please check compatibility and operating environment specifications, as well as, other information such as applicable restrictions that may be included in "Read First".
|Details||This is a program to update the firmware of RTR-500NW/AW units (FCC model and CE model).|
|Version||Ver. 3.00 (December 19, 2017)|
|File Size||6.27 MB|
Microsoft Windows 10 32/64bit
Microsoft Windows 8 32/64bit
Microsoft Windows 7 32/64bit
Microsoft Windows Vista 32bit (SP1 or later)
* Parts of the software and documentation are in English.
|Replication||Copying to another media is expressly forbidden|
*1: For installation, it is necessary to have Administrator (Computer Administrator) rights.
*2: We recommend using an operating system in the same language as the display language. Operation in different language is not guaranteed.
RTR-500NW/AW : Versions 2.90 or lower
- Open the RTR-500W Settings Utility.
- After selecting the target RTR-500NW/AW unit from the displayed list, open "Base Unit Settings...".
- Go to Settings Table > Base Unit Settings > Version to check the Firmware Version.
1. Please make the following preparations before update:
- Before connecting a USB cable, make sure that the PC has the USB device driver installed. (By installing the application "RTR-500W for Windows", the USB device driver will also be installed.)
- Exit all T&D applications (such as the Settings Utility) running on your computer.
- If you are using the RTR-500NW, remove the LAN cable from the device.
- Using a USB cable, connect the RTR-500NW/AW to the PC in which "RTR-500W Firmware Update Tool" will be executed.
2. Execute the downloaded "RTR-500W Firmware Update Tool".
3. Please follow the instructions on the screen to update the firmware.
3. Please follow the instructions on the screen to update the firmware.
Ver. 3.00 (December 19, 2017)
- Fixed KRACK vulnerability. Note: This update will be supported on the RTR-500AW products that have a serial number with the last four digits 1000 or greater.
- The unit number of the Repeater used for communication was added to the Current Readings Data (XML file).
- Fixed a problem that occurred when the RTR-500NW/AW was set to automatically send current readings or recorded data as an email attachment, where the file attached to the email was occasionally corrupted.
- Fixed a problem that caused an error in wireless communication when using a Repeater.
- Fixed a problem so that the correct number of significant digits is displayed after scale conversion when the converted value is less than 1.
- Fixed a problem so that the correct date and time are displayed for the warnings that occurred over 7 days ago.
- Changed the warning output (contact output) operation; when a new warning occurs when there is already another warning active, the contact output will now be turned OFF once and then turned back ON again to notify the user that a new warning has occurred.
- Fixed a problem where a warning continued to be issued when the warning condition only occurred for a short time.
- Fixed a problem where Remote Unit registration info was erased when a communication error occurred while registering a new Remote Unit or making changes to the Remote Unit Settings. (This is effective only for RTR-500W Settings Utility Ver.1.45 and above)
- Improved the stability of wireless communication with Remote Units when sending Current Readings and during Warning Monitoring.
- Fixed a problem where FTP transmission failed if the file name exceeded 64 bytes.
- Fixed a problem where the FTP file name might be garbled when sending data to the FTP server.
- Fixed a problem where "?" could not be used in the Wireless LAN Password.
- Fixed a problem that occurred when the auto-sending of recorded data function was set to ON, data downloaded from RTR-601 was sometimes missing.
- Fixed a problem that occurred when the warning mail transmission function was set to OFF in the Warning Settings, the contact output did not operate during a warning condition.
- A change has been made to enable selection of the conditions for warning transmission.
- A change has been made to enable selection of the conditions for warning with contact output.
- The RTR-500NW/AW Firmware version 2.30 needs to be used in combination with the RTR-500W for Windows version 1.43 or later.
- Fixed a problem where Daylight savings time was not reflected in e-mails sent by the RTR-500NW/AW.
- Fixed a problem where the character "%" could not be used in the User ID / Password for SMTP authentication.
- Fixed unstable operation
- The RTR-500NW/AW Firmware version 2.20 needs to be used in combination with the RTR-500W for Windows version 1.42 or later.
- In the "Auto-Sending of Recorded Data" settings, the required minimum spacing (or period) between transmissions was changed from 1 hour to 30 minutes.
- The RTR-500NW/AW Firmware version 2.10 needs to be used in combination with the RTR-500W for Windows version 1.42 or later.
- Fixed a problem that occurred when using the Current Readings Monitor, where the amount of time since gathering the latest data was not displayed correctly.
- Fixed a problem where current readings info from Remote Units that are assigned specific Remote Unit Numbers, were sometimes omitted from the Current Readings Data (XML file).
- Fixed a problem where current readings within a specific temperature range were output incorrectly in the Current Readings Data (XML file).
- Fixed a problem that occurred when downloading data from RTR-576, where there was a problem with the data.
- Revised the text to be used in the warning report mail so that when the warning status changes from ON to OFF during a warning judgement time period, the warning/recovery status is relayed in one message.
- The signal strength of the Remote Unit was added to the Current Readings Data (XML file).
- Fixed a problem where email transmission sometimes failed when using POP before SMTP.
- Fixed a problem where Remote Unit information was not recognized correctly.
- Fixed a problem that occurred when using a scale conversion equation for the RTR-505, where the values were not converted correctly.
- Fixed a problem where wireless communication using Repeaters sometimes failed.
- In the Warning/Monitoring Settings, it is now possible to choose whether or not to send a warning report email when a warning occurs.
- In the settings for Monitoring and Sending Current Readings, monitoring intervals and sending intervals can now be set from one minute and up.
The additional functions listed above will be available for use with Ver.1.30 or later of "RTR-500W for Windows" to be released in July 2012.Ver. 1.50 (February 01, 2012)
- Fixed a problem that occurred when using the RTR-505-P, the output XML file showed incorrect data for the RTR-505-P.
- Fixed a problem that RTR-500NW/AW would not send the correct interval info to the Current Readings Monitor application.
- Made compatible with T&D's new application "Current Readings Monitor".
- Revised so that when the unit has been set up to use DHCP to automatically obtain an IP address, instead of terminating with an error on DHCP failure, it will now retry indefinitely until DHCP succeeds.
* This will prevent termination even when a router which offers DHCP is started up after the RTR-500NW/AW.
- Support has been added for the latest Recorded Data File Format (T&D XML File Ver.1.20).
* The name attribute was added to the
tag in the XML file.
- Fixed an error that occasionally occurred when running a search of the network in the RTR-500W Settings Utility, where a successful search was not carried out.
- Support has been added for new model.
- A problem was fixed whereby adjustment for daylight savings time was not properly made.
There is no effect on already downloaded recorded data.Ver. 1.10 (January 26, 2011)
- A function was added to allow the User to select whether or not to attach an XML file when sending Current Readings via e-mail.